|February 14, 2011: Today is National Condom Day. Someone has finally proved that when worn correctly (similar to above), condoms help to prevent the spread of STDs which could include HIV. Yuck. Here are some helpful facts:
- 15 million new cases of STDs are reported yearly
- 65 million people in the US are living with a chronic STD
- One in four Americans will contract an STD at some point
- It is difficult to put on a condom that has already been used
- Poking a hole in your friends condom is considered funny
We just remembered that today is also Valentines Day. It probably would have been more appropriate to cover that topic. But then again we all know that one.
Get to your local tavern or gas station, put 50 cents in the machine, and buy yourself a condom for your romantic Valentines evening. Enjoy.
Photo via DPKP Blog, Serious Info via American Social Health Association